Warning: Undefined array key "margin_above" in /home/customer/www/ciccohio.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 619
Warning: Undefined array key "margin_below" in /home/customer/www/ciccohio.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 620
Assurance of reward for our walk
Our life is a life of investments. In life we make different investments. We invest in the future of our children. Right now, as an older citizen, I am trying to make sure that my investment in my retirement life can bear adequate fruit. Many folks choose to invest in riches, lots of it. So, there is no doubt in my mind that as long as life subsists, we will continue to make one investment or the other. As we invest we look forward to bountiful fruits. The bible talks about reaping what you sow, but many times when we invest, the return is not certain.
I remember when I used to be part of an investment club. The returns were usually up and down. A roller coaster ride, if you I can call it that. So, we invest a lot of time and energy in doing research so that we can predict a little more accurately the returns on our investment. Even with all that effort we find that we miss the mark many times. Then there was the internet crash and many stocks went along with it. Many of us in the club could not stomach the roller coaster ride any more and we chose to wind up. As Christians, and followers of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, the return on our investment is a little clearer.
The honest truth is, as children of God most high, He has already revealed the future to us. He has already told us what investment we need to make now and the rewards for that investment. The only thing that remains is that we invest wisely in the light of God’s revelations to us. The Scriptures have revealed to us the things that our Lord Jesus Christ will reward. If we are diligent and invest committedly according to these revelations the Lord has assured us of our reward. The bible says: “My son, keep my words and treasure my commandments within you”. Some of the rules of Christian investment are listed below, if we follow them our reward is sure.
- Love God – “My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways.” Proverbs 23:26
- Pray and fast
- But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6
- But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:17-18
- Be Compassionate and Show Mercy
- Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Matthew 25:34-36
- Give generously
- “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38
- Love all, even your enemies
- But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Luke 6:35
- Remain faithful, even in trials
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
Be committed in your walk and our God will surely be committed to His rewards for us. Praise God! Pastor Simbo Odunaiya